As evidenced by a rather un-busy drive to work today, many people are enjoying a nice day off for Good Friday. Not for those of us hard at work behind the PMX walls – churning out content, building links, managing campaigns and all that.
And eating ice cream sandwiches! (Thanks Jeff!)
I’m always a fan of light Friday posts – so I spent some time digging up some cool Easter facts. Or perhaps ‘cool commercial Easter facts’ is a more accurate term. Either way, here you go.
Hope you have a very happy Easter, Passover or whatever holiday you may be celebrating!
Fun Easter Facts
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest Easter egg ever made stood 25ft tall and weighed 8,968lbs. It was made of chocolate and marshmallow and needed an internal steel frame.
- When chowing down on a chocolate bunny, 76% of us eat the ears first. 5% eat the feet, and 4% the tail. Does anyone just take a big ‘ol first bite out of the stomach or something?
- For Americans, Easter is the 2nd most important candy-eating occasion of the year. Take a guess on what the 1st most important is?
- 16 billion jelly beans are made exclusively for Easter each year – and red jelly beans are a favorite of children.
- We buy more than 700 million marshmallow peeps during the Easter holiday.